View Single Post
      12-16-2016, 04:18 PM   #9
csu87
Banned
Rep
Drives: 09 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by roll_the_dice View Post
I have been looking at some of the two tone watches and I am not sure about them...I just started paying attention to them today.

I was originally looking at a new SS Submariner, so I was expecting to spend about $8500 or so...so I would say budget is about $9k max, but since I started looking PO, the prices are obviously less, but I still look at PO watches up to about $9K.

I am not looking at it as an investment and I have looked at Omega and some other watches, but I have always liked Rolex. I have worn a Cartier Tank watch for the last 20 years and bought a Swiss Army Victorinox Chrono to wear as a casual watch about 6 years ago. I will wear the new watch and still wear the Cartier to some degree, but I am ready for a new watch.

I would like to one day hand this watch down to my son and hopefully one day to his son (if he has a son).

I guess I am asking also, if one already has an aftermarket bezel/dial should I expect to pay less than if it was all original? I am leaning towards the blue since the casual watch I have now has a black face and bezel. Not my watch but the exact Swiss Army I have.
Depends on if genuine rolex parts were used or not and the quality of the install. If its a bad install or fake/remade parts were used, you should pay significantly less. If brand new Rolex parts were used, you'll probably end up paying the same or more.

Just the Bezel Inserts go for $350+ depending on the condition. And Dials can be upwards of $500 used.
Appreciate 0