06-04-2014, 08:52 PM   #190
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by K19BMW View Post
If I saw someone with a fake watch (although fakes are so good nowadays I most likely wouldnt be able to tell) I would have no problem with as long as they dont go around bragging about it and claiming its real.
I understand that not everyone can afford a rolex, omega, AP, JLC, or etc and so you buy a fake because you like the way the watches look. But if you go buy a fake and starting claiming it's real then you're insulting the people who may have worked their ass off to buy the watch, the watch maker/manufacturer who spent countless dollars on R&D and design on the watch, and just the hobby in general.
False claims:
+100 I couldn't agree more. So long as one is being true to oneself and with others, there's really nothing with which to take issue over the matter.

Hard work:
I'd be surprised that anyone spending near or upwards of $20K on a watch is working all that hard to buy it, a house or a boat perhaps...but I understand your point all the same, and I agree with the principle of it.

All the best.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
Appreciate 0