06-24-2014, 09:08 PM   #197
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineV8 View Post
I don't believe in fakes or supporting that industry. I wouldn't put a body kit on a 328i to make it look like an M3 and I wouldn't sport a fake high end watch.

Nothing to do with being a snob at all. I just think people should be happy with where they are in life because things can always change. People that sport fakes are missing something in their lives maybe? I dunno.

Life is too short. Enjoy it.
I understand your point, and I don't particularly disagree with it by any means. As a practical retort to your point, keep in mind that no matter how many Westerners buy fake watches, or don't buy them, it'll have no impact on the industry that produces them. The fakes are so insanely inexpensive in the country where they are made that they are quite commonly purchased there by folks who live there.

Like it or not, you and I have to accept that if the PRC government is keen to do nothing about it, there's a 1.6 billion person strong market to sell the things to. You, I, others can buy or not buy them; it won't matter to that industry. The weight of "big numbers" cannot be overlooked when discussing this issue.

All the best.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
Appreciate 0