View Single Post
      09-15-2013, 07:49 AM   #32
XZeb
Private
Rep
Drives: X5

Thanks for the best comparison pics so far. New car is looking better but - sorry about sounding like a broken record here - the E70 just looks perfectly proportioned - a design classic. The new one looks like it's trying hard - nice from some angles from the front sometimes - but unfortunately its just plain wrong in too many places. Very easy to see and hard for me to understand how others are starting to rave about how good it looks.

Also - (repeating myself again sorry) but disagree that the interior is "way better". There's not really much difference in feel and I prefer the old glove box and screen set up. Double stitch lines look good but these and the curvy kind of line stitched on some versions I've seen could easily look dated soon.

Also - don't agree this is an LCI which some recent comments have reckoned. It's far too different externally IMO. LCI usually looks better. I could draw up something more exciting and contemporary which is a nice progression from the E70 myself even though im not a great artist or designer. Still baffles me how they totally screwed this up.
Appreciate 0