01-05-2021, 06:23 PM   #40
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBO8 View Post
Just wondering, how far would your employer have to go until you decide it is not worth the job?
If it had to be stuck where the sun don't shine I'm out!

I've only done the test once when my gf was feeling kind of sick before xmas and she wanted to get it done just to make sure. It was literally nothing, it wasn't even a real qtip. It was super thin and didn't go in my nose far at all. I have to imagine the tests were much worse before because theres no way this could bother anyone. That being said finding a place, scheduling it and then still having to wait in a room full of people wasn't much fun.

I was listening to a podcast the other day that had some doctor on talking about super basic paper strip tests that would give you results right there in a couple of minutes like a pregnancy test. He claimed that while they were not as accurate as the lab test it was still very accurate like +99% or something like that. No idea how much is true and how much is bs since the guy WAS trying to get funding for these types of test.

However it makes sense to me. If you could just buy a pack of 30 of these on amazon for $19.99. Use it before you have any big gathering with family or whatever, even at 99% or 90% accuracy I would imagine it would reduce the spread significantly.
Appreciate 0