11-27-2008, 06:36 PM   #4
Artmasterx
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i

Garage List
2006 Volvo V70R  [10.00]
2007 BMW 335i  [10.00]
I just found a nice one today on my way to Maine for Thanksgiving. It is certainly a ways out of the city, but it is close to 30 miles of road in white mountain national forest with no houses. There are plenty of legal passing zones throughout as well, a key attribute. It is Route 112 between Lincoln and Conway in New Hampshire. I believe the speed limit is mostly 50 mph with sections of 40 mph, which means you can have some fun.

It is a pretty fast course and there are few sharp corners, most are sweepers and you can take much to fast to be legal, but fun nonetheless. There is also one hairpin that could be fun, but the lack of visibility around the corner makes it difficult to be too cavalier. There are some significant elevation changes as well. The roads were pretty dry today but with significant snow on the sides.

Over all it was fun... I am sure there are many other drives around there that you could wrap into a day trip as well.

I probably would like sharper bends so you can have fun without having to good too fast. I am headed to Freeport tomorrow from Bethel, ME and will see what sort of roads I can find... likely not as good since I am mostly out of the mountains now.

link to map
link to exact same but with terrain

Happy Thanksgiving!

FORMERLY: 128i coupe
Alpine White | Sports Package | Black Leather
Appreciate 0