View Single Post
      01-04-2015, 03:03 PM   #12
paicapo
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, F15 X5 M-sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by opasha View Post
In a perfect world, yes, no one can get away with anything. However, government pockets are deep. BMW does underrate their engines. I forget the article I read a while back, but it's true. Here's a recent article that proves it: http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1...akes?fbfanpage. That's also the reason why they can be modified so heavily.
No I don’t think so; you can’t compare expected wheel dyno output to BMW benchmarked engine dyno. Turbo engines are very volatile to external factors. Heat soak, fuel grade, air flow to the engine. They are more likely to have larger swings on a dyno and its known in insideinfo from manufactures that they are producing an engine dyno rating that can be consistently achieved using lower quality fuel, some heat soak, and non-ideal air flow or air density etc. In short if you use the exact standard method BMW is using to grade there engines you will end up whit the same results.