Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Smog machines

Quote:
Originally Posted by usshelena725 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
Funny, I've had a number of BMW's and Audii and love my GTI. I just had a 17 totaled and switched from leather to cloth. I seem to be going the opposite way.
Too funny. Yeah, unsure of her thoughts on this. I know she absolutely hates the plaid pattern in the Gti cloth versions, I don't mind it, but it isn't my car.

Shes isn't from the USA originally, so her thoughts on cars differ a bit as well. She has a very high regard for German cars over American or Japanese. She has mentioned that she really loves the newer MB C300 as well, even with the automatic. It is likely too much money for the budget, though. I had her look at a CLA250 also and she liked it, but wasn't completely enamored with it or anything.

The only car she has been completely smitten with so far is the Audi TT, but it doesn't fit our budget either.
TT's are pretty tight in the back, think 993 tight. The last two generations with the aluminum sub frames are pretty fun though.

CLA is not a good car, the C is much nicer all around.

Maybe consider a Mk6 R? The stability control is non defeatable without aftermarket coding, but they're still fun and had a more mechanical awd setup than the current ones, allowing for easier tuning to get more rear wheel bias. Plus Mk6's had stronger clutches than the current Mk7 which even with stock power is not adequate.
Appreciate 0