First Lieutenant
Wales
Rep
Drives: 2018 LBB F85 X5M

Garage List
2016 BMW M3  [10.00]
F85 X5M - advice on some annoyances

Hi all,

I have had a couple of things annoy me recently on the X5M that I wanted to get some further information before I take it to local dealer (as under warranty).

Firstly I have suffered from the well known blocked sunroof drains, I was going to look at this myself but thought I would leave it to the dealer. Is there anything specific (i.e. known problem or bulletin number etc) that I can inform them of as I know that even if common dealers do like to suggest it not being a known problem until you provide further information....

Secondly I have noticed an in and out drone type noise when in Sport+ when at low revs and relatively low speed (20-40mph). You can hear in come and go as driving when maintaing consistent throttle. I tested this and it is also the case in Sport but not in economy. Is this exhaust related and normal?

Finally when using the air-con the unit itself it can get quite noisy compared to other models i have owned (F80 M3, F90 M5), are they like this generally in the F8* or are these liable for problems?

Thanks