View Single Post
      08-05-2017, 12:06 PM   #31
DuSh
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyantA View Post
That's what I thought. I'm visiting relatives in QC right now. Sales rep hinted that I ask someone here to run the VIN if I want that info as "the laws are different".

I did talk to someone here but they didn't get back to me yesterday and they are closed on weekends, so I'm out. I leave today for home (or to check out the vehicle in person) which are two different directions. I don't have the info I need our a realistic enough starting price point to consider driving out of my way to check out out. Not to mention the poll results have spoken!

That said, I don't think I will find an X5 that well equipped with that few km anywhere else... But any accident, however minor, doesn't seem to be the best foot to start a vehicle relationship. It is slim pickings in Canada too. Right now, BMW.ca only lists 20 X5 35d 2014 in the entire country. All have higher km, most have fewer features and higher asking prices, hence the original interest. Not to mention the imperial blue vs the typical black/white/great options.

I guess I haven't mentioned yet. They weren't sure if they could CPO the vehicle. Last night they brought it into the shop and determined they would CPO it. Which would "cost more" but they would "split the difference". The new price tag came to 59k tax in lol.
Well in US prices on diesel are around $40k (depending on options and trim), with taxes it comes to around $43k (depending on state tax). Your $59k CAD is around $45k USD. So basically given that it's rare color and well optioned - price is correct .... for a accident free x5d. Still strange why dealer doesn't want to lower price due to accident My guess is they know it will sell eventually anyway - it's an SUV (SAV) with diesel engine in Canada - that's like a hot cake on a fair - it will sell

P.S. OP are you dead set on diesel? that's your main bottleneck for infinite amount of various x5 out there to choose. Just so you know - I test drove x5d and it does make tractor sounds and it does smell occasionally (cold starts, acceleration etc), I saw smoke coming out on cold start. Less shops who fix diesels, less power on highways. You are only gaining some MPG (and not that much if you don't drive like a taxi yearly). Is your wife aware that it's a diesel? My wife was strongly against it after we had 1 diesel VW that gave us a lot of issues. I can understand Europeans use it for their prices are 3 times higher for fuel, but they are willing to put up with it for savings, but in US/Canada - where diesel price is roughly same as regular fuel - why the heck do you even considering tractor lol? Ok, sorry, it's not of my business, just asking

Last edited by DuSh; 08-05-2017 at 12:12 PM..
Appreciate 0