View Single Post
      05-17-2021, 08:41 PM   #3
tlow98
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2009 E91, 2014 F15 x35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascotgrun View Post
I got my 2017 S35i in March with 51K on it and I had tensioner wobble. I did belt, tensioner and idler ( plus all filters and engine oil) and still have some wobble, can't really determine if it's the same as before though.

I was pressed for time and Rock Auto was the most reasonable for priority shipping so I bought from them, which means my tensioner is a Gates branded item. Kind of on the fence about buying an OEM part to see if that cures the wobble....or I might just put that money towards a Kies crankseal protector thingy and just let the belt do whatever it's going to do.

Good luck with the new ride and hopefully you don't have a stripped oil drain plug like I did. I have rear springs,so can't help with the bag issue.
Thanks for the comments on the tensioner. Gates is a pretty good brand and in a lot of cases is OE/OEM on many Japanese vehicles. I went with INA as it was coming from FCP with all the other bits/bobs. I do have a soft spot for RockAuto - great site. I'm mostly buying the belt kit bc I'm assuming the OFHG has already been done but they did not do the belt and likely it's oil-contaminated.

Bummer about the stripped oil pan drain bolt. I always have that fear. This car was dealer maintained from what I can, so hopefully that's not an issue, but honestly it can happen anywhere. You do a timesert then?

With the crank seal protector do you have to pull the harmonic balancer?
Appreciate 0