View Single Post
      06-07-2021, 10:59 AM   #8
tlow98
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2009 E91, 2014 F15 x35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooshnoo View Post
Don't forget…You need to do transmission service as well. New differential fluids as well.
Yes, I'd be lying if I said I was excited to do those services. My goal is to get them done before 75k miles. Is there an "official" timeline with the diffs? Didn't see much on that. I was thinking to prioritize the transfer case, if any, but likely will do it all at the same time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukhk527 View Post
Love to see it man, I'm OCD about maintenance like you too and I've only just crossed 32k on mine lol.
Hi, I'm Trent, and I'm an addict. Nice to see you at the meetings :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascotgrun View Post
Sorry, I missed your reply/questions.

I just tapped the oil pan for a larger bolt. Didn't see that a timesert or helicoil etc was necessary as the drain bolt isn't under any kind of tension.

I haven't done the crank seal protector yet , but from the YouTube instructions, the crankshaft pulley has to be removed. It is held on with 6 (maybe more) smaller bolts rather than one big torque monster bolt.

Good call on just tapping for a larger drain plug. I need to do the same for a TRX250R quad I have. I was looking at the timesert, but didn't think about the fact that it's not under tension. I guess that's something I need to do more research on - thanks for mentioning it.

On the front crank seal protector its my general impression that if you keep an eye on the OFHG and preventatively replace the belt + tensioner you shouldn't need a crank seal protector? It's a peace of mind mod right? Which I'll likely end up doing... planning to keep this very nice truck for the long haul...
Appreciate 0