View Single Post
      07-05-2021, 11:55 PM   #11
tlow98
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2009 E91, 2014 F15 x35i

Let the maintenance continue! A story of T-25s.

Overall this chassis uses more Torq drivers than the previous generations. A bit annoying, but it is what it is. I was impressed with the overall robustness of the plastics, though. They seem better than the E series cars. Clips didn't break, etc. You've got to lean WAY over to get to those back plugs, ha!

Plugs and Coils

- The old plugs had 68k on them. They were original. The gap on them all had widened past .8mm. Used OE Bosch plugs for the replacement. $10 each.
- The coils probably didn't need to be replaced. The OEs were the Delphi ones and looked to be in good shape, but I've had bad luck when trying to stretch coils so I put in the newer, supposedly better, Eldors. $33 each.
- I preemptively bought the PCV valve and am glad I did. The old cracked one removal despite being pretty careful.

Halfway through...

This PCV valve is made by SKP. Rockauto purchase for $25. I didn't mind the non OE part here because 1) the OE part is garbage & 2) it's very easy to get to and 3) won't leave me stranded. It looked identical to the OE part.

Here you'll see one of my many T25 contraptions.

Cabin Recirc Filter

- Used a Corteco part here. Fit like OE. Looked identical. $13.

Carbon Filters

- Went with Mahle units here. They seemed less robust and thinner than the OE ones, but were 1/3 the price of OE, so there's that. $33 for both.

Appreciate 1
scotty339147.00