Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW X5 xDrive 35i

Garage List
2015 BMW X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dadofjim View Post
We have a 2007 X5 4.8 with just over 100k miles and have loved it for the past four years we've owned it.... sunk a few bucks into valve cover and timing cover gaskets - but for the most part have put 50,000 easy breezy miles on it since purchasing it from a friends Dad.

However, we began looking at taking advantage of the outgoing "deals" on a 2018 xdrive 35i. The incentives for the past 3 or 4 months have totaled $4,500 in our case (financing,loyalty,corporate).

I have been in touch with a dealership that had a car on the lot that fit the bill and was aggressive with the advertised price. I spent some time on the phone with a very groovy sales guy and he shot me some numbers today.

The financing incentive has dropped by 1k and it's his contention that as the remaining 2018 inventory gets tighter, the incentives will shrink and even go away completely (probably not loyalty or corporate).

This thinking is the opposite of most everything I've been reading about how the next few months may play out. While he seemed quite genuine..... he is a salesman in the end. However, I'm wondering if perhaps he may be on to something and waiting may backfire.......

Thoughts??
My first thought is, he's a salesman. He's trying to maximize profit so his commission is bigger. They need to get rid of old inventory to make room for the new, seems unlikely that incentives would go away completely. Just my personal thought. Also, the closer you get to end of the month the better the deals get. If they haven't met their quota(dealership) they tend to do better pricing. Again, my opinion.
Appreciate 0