11-10-2018, 08:31 PM   #4
W37V
[Oo=||=oO]
No_Country
Rep
Drives: e92n52 & f15n57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverik259 View Post
Anyone experience this? I've noticed after the last several 4hr hwy jonts up to DC that when putting in cruise control at 75-80 mph that I'm still being caught and forced to move over. I felt this was odd as I'm usually not experiencing this at 80mph on 95 in VA especially since it's wreckless driving here. Then I happened to notice that my speed recorded by my gps on my phone is consistently 3 mph slower than what my speedometer says. Then I happened by a radar gun and screen on a side street and did a second pass to use it to compare and found it too showing me 2-3 mph slower than my speedo.

I'm running oem 20" 469s with 20mm spacers at the rear. Anyone else ever experience this or would be willing to check your speed on cruise control compared to Waze etc.
Welcome to BMW world. That's just how BMW is trying to keep you safe. Bmw reports higher speed than actually traveling. Usually, the error is about 3-7%.

In some cases, you can code the car to show the actual speed. However, the true speed would only work on digital display and not on analog.
Appreciate 0