View Single Post
      06-17-2010, 12:42 PM   #1
Italteen3
Captain
Rep
Drives: 135i JB

"Pro-sumer" camcorder HFS10

I have always loved filming things and never really had anything besides a currently 6-7 year old Sony SD hi8 camcorder to record family events, car videos, and pyrotechnic events. The Sony I have is getting old, still going strong, but the quality is nothing compared to some of the camcorders out now. So pretty much I need a new one. Want to make some cool little mini-movies for home.

I've worked for firework companies shooting professional shows and always enjoyed filming them to see & enjoy what I helped to set up. I would also like to create some short films for personal enjoyment and wanted to see if anyone has used/owns the HFS10 from Canon? Reviews seem great for a non-professional HD camcorder.

Also I have a family member who works for Canon and will be getting me a refurbished version from Canon for a good cost. Any thoughts on using a refurbished Camcorder?

I will also be upgrading my 4 year old Mac G5 from 256mb ram (I know I know I need a LOT more) to at least 2gb and purchasing an external HD for use to edit video. Any recommendations for editing?

This should help. http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/co...&modelid=17993

Last edited by Italteen3; 06-17-2010 at 01:40 PM..
Appreciate 0