View Single Post
      08-24-2019, 03:31 AM   #1
HarinderG
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2015 535i

Angry How to get log/history of warnings for the TPM system?

I was wondering if there is a way to find a history of warnings the system has put out, specifically for the tire pressure system.

So recently we just bought a used 2017 BMW X5 xDrive40e through a 3rd party dealer (big mistake...)

While test driving the car, a warning showed up saying to drive under 80mph and fill up the right rear tire soon.

We think nothing of it and let the sales rep know to fix it up. About a week after the purchase the system showed the message again, saying the pressure is too low.

I did not want the message to go away again so while driving it back down the freeway (they are run-flats and it was not even fully flat) to the dealership, the tire starts smoking, so I quickly pull off to the nearest auto store. I ask them if they can quickly fill it, but failed using a large compressor.

So the only choice I had was to tow the car.

Now the dealership is claiming that there was no warning when the car left the lot and that the tires were in perfect condition.

I was just wondering if there is a way to find a history of warnings because I need a way to prove them wrong.

Let this be a warning to yall, don't trust 3rd party dealerships. We bought a 535i from an official dealer, and they were a much better experience.