07-17-2017, 07:27 PM   #128
Unkle Steve
gooby pls
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4 SS Anthracite/Cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuckaGDog View Post
I can't help but just laugh and agree with a majority of these posts. Especially at the fact they used BSM as the paint color! At least do a semi individual color to help make it more "special". The only good thing they came out of this was the bi color interior.

As a loyal BMW M and AMG Black Series owner I don't see myself going back to BMW again. They've seriously lost it with the lack of invention on the new models. I feel like all the stuff they're pumping out is just a rehash of previous ideas or vehicles. When AMG puts a Black Series mark on a car you know it means business with across the board changes to power, suspension, aerodynamics, etc.

What a joke this entire sales pitch is. Embarrassing to say the least!
I generally prefer MB over BMW, there's much to criticize about both companies IMO.

For example, the introduction of the '43' model within many AMG lines as an alternative to the 63 models is disheartening, but if that isn't bad enough, the 'S' models make the general 63 models seem out of place (primarily with the C, E, and potentially with the upcoming face-lifted CLS).

Both companies are making their vehicles too similar with a lack of distinction, and for that reason there won't be an E Class AMG Coupe variant to detract sales from the S63/65 coupe. Relative to its time, the E-Class W212 was by far my most favorite model, since it has a very refined and elegant profile without being as flashy as the current CLS. Now the W213 looks like a wide C-Class widebody mutt, and although the current S-Class sedan looks great, its lack of distinction from the other MB sedan lines lessens its road presence.

Then we have other 'M' models from BMW, such as the 235 and 550. I appreciate what those cars have to offer for their prices, however, it's disappointing to me that they're thinning out the M line.

Still, for great german sedans, SUVs, coupes, and roadsters under 150k, both companies have great options. Anything with greater significant road presence will be north of 250k, and that will mainly just be for reaching the excruciating bounds of vanity to appreciate the works of art at your disposal.

And BTW I'm still pretty upset that a model like the GT coupe/roadster variants are meant to replace the SLR and SLS. It's not a bad car line, but compared to its predecessors, it's complete mickey mouse garbage.

For the record, I'm interested to see the upcoming X6 model line, 6 series coupe/grand-coupe, 8 series, GLE, and the new potential SL line. If a majority of these cars fail to impress me, then there is a high chance that I will move on with Porsche.

TLDR: Don't be a fanboy, because both automakers are making similar decisions.
Appreciate 0