View Single Post
      05-17-2017, 01:27 PM   #77
hyde
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 X3m40i

Went to check out Range Rover Sport, the guy was straight forward "don't expect you can fit anyone back there". I also had a chance to see the X5's 3rd row, that's almost as good as non-existent, not sure who you can fit back there, small kids will need booster/child seat which probably will not work since there is no easy access back there (2nd row don't fold out, you have to jump over them) and even with 2nd row slid forward, not much legroom. Maybe if you have few short 8-10 year olds. I wonder why they don't do rear facing seats anymore?

Took a look at Q7, the interior is really nice, so much improvement over previous generation and it did not feel like a long minivan at all, while it looks that way on the outside. I thought the blind spots would be bad, but while I didn't testdrive, C and D pillars are not that bad, in fact almost same as X5 at a glance. Again, I like the technology in Q7 even the ones priced under 70k. One thing I noticed missing in a lot of vehicles is a good HUD. Neither Audio nor LR had a single vehicle with HUD.

PS: 540i xDrive, wow, what a sweet vehicle. The had a souped up one at Oyster Bay BMW, made me consider it for a second. I wish BMW updated X5 interior to keep up with 5 ad 7 series. That interior was top notch.