View Single Post
      08-07-2017, 03:39 PM   #32
TyantA
Rep
Drives: '07 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuSh View Post
Well in US prices on diesel are around $40k (depending on options and trim), with taxes it comes to around $43k (depending on state tax). Your $59k CAD is around $45k USD. So basically given that it's rare color and well optioned - price is correct .... for a accident free x5d. Still strange why dealer doesn't want to lower price due to accident My guess is they know it will sell eventually anyway - it's an SUV (SAV) with diesel engine in Canada - that's like a hot cake on a fair - it will sell

P.S. OP are you dead set on diesel? that's your main bottleneck for infinite amount of various x5 out there to choose. Just so you know - I test drove x5d and it does make tractor sounds and it does smell occasionally (cold starts, acceleration etc), I saw smoke coming out on cold start. Less shops who fix diesels, less power on highways. You are only gaining some MPG (and not that much if you don't drive like a taxi yearly). Is your wife aware that it's a diesel? My wife was strongly against it after we had 1 diesel VW that gave us a lot of issues. I can understand Europeans use it for their prices are 3 times higher for fuel, but they are willing to put up with it for savings, but in US/Canada - where diesel price is roughly same as regular fuel - why the heck do you even considering tractor lol? Ok, sorry, it's not of my business, just asking
Yeah, my dad has an X3 28d. I've driven it a few times and simply can't argue with the fuel economy.

I have test driven both 35d and 35i. I do like them both. It's been a while since I looked at the numbers, but thought I recalled a pretty decent difference still. Not to mention the comparison should be between the price of diesel and premium gas. Point well taken in any case. If I can find a good diesel, I'll pounce. Otherwise...
Appreciate 1
DuSh2112.50