08-10-2017, 02:31 PM   #4652
DuSh
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by r33_RGSport View Post
Thank you for the call.
Also, in a nutshell, flash tune will remove all of the security that will protect your engine from any mishap.
While piggyback still rely on the stock ECU security protection.
While I agree with you in general in terms of piggyback is really easier to install and remove, I politely disagree with your part about benchflash. It is highly adjustable and for example for me BPC did a custom setup where I have ALL stock ECU protections in Comfort and ECO modes, while in Sport and Sport+ I have a beast mode basically. In addition as I already mentioned in my thread about BPC benchflash http://f15.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1407639 - they left both rpm limit and max top speed limits intact. Also, they do provide dyno tuning with flash - my install took 5 hours including lots of testing and driving in between and of course it was more expensive than just piggyback kit. I don't want to go into too much details to derail this thread, but just wanted to provide other side of story.

I agree tho, that for a customer looking for an easy plug-n-play solution AND easier way to comply with dealer warranty by simply removing piggybacks - they are worth considering definitely. I think from 10 owners (from the ones that will even consider doing a tune) maybe only 1 will go to the extent of flashbench and 9 will do a piggyback - so everyone can get what they want and what suits them best at this time (for me it's reassurance that I can smoke almost any 50i (piggyback or not) and a lot of other cars, heck probably 99% of cars on the road)

Cheers

Last edited by DuSh; 08-10-2017 at 02:42 PM..
Appreciate 0