08-13-2017, 07:56 PM   #17
hyde
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 X3m40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winn View Post
I sold my '14 Explorer Sport when I picked up my CPO '15 X5 50i. The only thing I miss about the Explorer is the cooled seats. If you need it, the 3rd row is not too bad, way more room than the X5...but that was part of why I didn't like it, too big and I no longer needed 3 rows. My biggest complaint is it's FWD bias. It has plenty of power, but can you say torque steer? Felt like you could never really use all the power unless you put it in sand mode to force the power to the rear. I assume they've corrected that issue on the newer models with a new sport mode on the terrain selector (which was a nice feature I'll admit). The 6 speed transmission is out of date and the dead pedal situation is awful...no place to put your left foot when driving. It may seem silly, but it gets really annoying on long drives...many people complain about it. Final complaint, that's more personal than anything...they are everywhere...Ford has sold nearly as many Explorers so far this year than BMW has sold across the board.
X5s are everywhere too, maybe it's just being able to identify one, I see a lot more X5s than Explorers.

What is torque steer?