10-09-2017, 11:22 AM   #66
leasehackr
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5, 530e

Quote:
Originally Posted by retx View Post
Hello - I rarely posted any in the past 2-years since my F15 is running well. Well, I should say - except one thing (the engine isn't running smooth and is often revving high and dropping down slow when it's getting hot or in the stop-and-go traffic jams.)

I don't plan to open the new thread, so please allow me to write something here.

We repeatedly test-drove lots of SUVs in the past 2-month, then decided to take another X5 but with the different engine instead. The reasons we come back to BMW are - lease early termination, discounts, etc. Except BMW and Maserati, no one is willing to pay my remaining lease. I know, I have expected that.

I know it's the final year of F15, and new Cayenne/GLE, which we roughly know how they look like, will all come up next year, too. I expect '18 X5/Cayenne/GLE will all be closed to MSRP. Plus, I'm a little bit hesitate to get the 1st year model especially in the first 6-months.

Last weekend we went to sign/lease another X5. By doing this, our leased '15 X5 35i will be taken back by the dealership 3-months earlier. The new one will be '18 X5 40e. The exciting news is, it took 5-days, the car quickly has been in the production process and should be completed this week, Wks 41.

We did choose the Executive Package but 40e doesn't equipped with 6WB Dynamic Digital Cluster. However, 2VM Dynamic Damper Control + rear axle air suspension is Standard.

We roughly received around 8-9% off MSRP, including all the discounts/rebates. Don't recall the exact number, but it's about $72K, 36-months, 10K miles, monthly payment about $810 including all the tax and fees. Cash required on delivery is about 1st month payment plus $400 whatever upfront fees. This may not be the best price people here are looking for but it's much better than my '15 X5 35i.

This isn't the same BMW dealership where we took our current F15. The old dealer said to provide $6.5K credit toward the price of the '17 BMW and didn't want to discount too much from '18.

I know I may get some additional $$ off if picking up '17 X5 from the lot, but why should I since '18 negotiated price isn't that terrible in the new dealership.
Same situation here. Have 15 x35i which is coming off lease in Dec. I have negotiated 8% off before any rebates (3K on 40e) and incentives. Ordered 40e for week #43.

Did you sign with 62% residual? In oct they dropped the residual to 59%.
Appreciate 0