View Single Post
      09-17-2019, 02:37 PM   #12
XutvJet
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2011 Cayman Base, 2016 M235

A friend of mine has a CPO 2015 A7 he picked up in early 2017. He's had a lot of electrical issues with headlights and other electrical components. Out of warranty costs would be around $6K to date. His prior 2002 A6 4.2 V8 had $30K in repairs (not maintenance) between 2006 and 2014. He still loves Audis. LOL.

Pop the hood on one of these cars and you'll see why they are so damn hard to work on. They definitely have some of the most crammed engine bays in the business. Just like I would not be caught dead owning any BMW a 2 series, a wouldn't touch an out of factory warranty Audi (any year) with a 10 foot pole. I have many friends and acquaintances that have owned them and they have had to put large sums of money in them for repairs.

They are generally dead sexy cars and Audi has some of the best designers in the business, but long-term reliability (5 year+) is terrible and generally worse than most BMWs.