View Single Post
      10-31-2019, 10:30 AM   #36
ZFRED10
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5

Just installed this in my F15 last night. Aside from the laggy iDrive wheel, I'm fairly satisfied. One thing I would like however would be to always have the sound coming from my NBT Bluetooth without having to switch from AUX when CarPlay launches. Does anyone know how I could get this to work or if it's even possible?

I'll explain, the sound from my NBT bluetooth is noticeable better than the AUX from the Wireless CarPlay unit. When CarPlay Launches, it automatically connects my Car to AUX as well as automatically connects my iPhone source from my BMW 21897 "bluetooth" to "Carplay" on my actual iPhone Device. The only way I can get it to play music from my BMW bluetooth is manually going back to iDrive after CarPlay launches and switching the source from AUX to bluetooth and manually switch it on my phone as well. Does anyone know a workaround to just have my Bluetooth set as default when launching the unit? I made this work with My AVIN unit in my E70, but the settings are a little different with this device.

Moreover, even when I manually switch it over and have the sound playing from bluetooth, if I hit the menu "Siri" button, it automatically switches the source on my iPhone from BMW bluetooth, back to Carplay.

At the end of the day, I can live with the sound coming from AUX, but if there were someway to have the sound come directly from bluetooth when launching, this would be much better. I understand when connecting to your OEM bluetooth, you will not hear siri's voice, but that's okay with me as I never have siri audio on for navigation anyway.

If anyone can give any insight, it would be much appreciated.

Thank you,
Appreciate 0