Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW, LEX, MBZ, RAM, TESLA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taran.J View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkiboy View Post
any updates! great progress and enjoyed the last several pages!
Well I?d post more but my local BMW dealer; BMW NW, has had my X5 unfortunately since Thursday Sept 14th. To install the back up camera retrofit kit. Which they installed it in a day then tech took the weekend off. SA wasn?t in for a few days so nobody could answer my calls or texts. Came back to tell me the back up camera supplied is defective because the X5 would not accept them programming it.

SA called me Friday Sept 22 that going to order a new back up camera because that?s the issue at $600 which will be here Monday. Got a text this morning Sept 26, they actually come from Germany which will take a week to deliver so they can plug it into my X5 and hope it will work once they recode it. Not guaranteeing it?s operation but reminding me once again my bill now has totaled $1850 in labor and camera.

Apparently they?ve coded my X5 multiple times and it is not accepting the backup camera option. Which is strange since it?s a OEM BMW Retrofit Kit, OEM BMW back up Camera, techs double checked work completed, then took a week to call ASAP (After-sales Assistance Portal) which is for BMW Techs to call, and ask for help so labor doesn?t go overboard to customers (like me at the moment) and hold up their business either.

Sorry to vent but that?s the position I am in currently with my dealer BMW NW. I?ve just been saying ?ok? to all of their calls and texts that I just want my X5 back in the same perfect working condition and not complaining about price. This dealership has literally turned a decade old customer against their entire lineup just because of their Service staff. I?m glad I?ll be moving back to Mercedes AMG for my daily driver SUV?s.
In reply to myself the SA texted me this morning saying that the camera arrived last night and the tech installed it this morning and the X5 is ready to pick up by 10am today. Now to go see if everything is in order and reassembled correctly.
Appreciate 0