Maverik259
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 / F15 50i

Garage List
2020 BMW M5  [10.00]
2014 X5 50i  [0.00]
i woulda have loved to seen a side by side screen resolution comparison. Thanks for the write up. These units have been around for so long and used more in the F30 side of the house. almost pulled the trigger on this unit that was being sold by another forum member like a week or two ago but get hesitant since all i really was interested in is carplay and having waze on my screen. I'm not an android user and can use all the apps i need from my phone via the usb port (music that is). Never really saw a need to have google on my idrive when again its right there in my hand and i can type so much easier on my phone that a touchscreen thats 3' from me.

IMO, the only thing that is left out of the iD4 is carplay. I dont like touchscreens cuz they make the screen dirty AF. I do like the iD5 home screen interface better but i would never see it cuz i'm always driving with my Nav screen split with entertainment anyway.

I wanted to get the bimmertech MMI carplay adapter thing but they force you to have a 2/3 screen (like BMW does they explain) which is dumb and as of yesterday i was told they may never be able to change it to full screen despite even iD5/6 users being able to get full screen carplay to work these days. So this alone may drive me back to your Avin unit or to unichip (but they scare me being completely foreign and bad customer service). decisions decisions.
'14 X5 50i (wife’s now)
Appreciate 1
CatalinP589.50