View Single Post
      11-10-2008, 02:17 PM   #1
ajshanny
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 1M

BMW Performance Suspension Kit vs. Koni Yellows w/Eibach Prokit Springs

I recently had Koni yellow shocks and struts installed with Eibach Pro Kit springs and my impression is that the ride is way too harsh. I was discussing these handling issues with Mikeo in another thread, but since the discussion was sort of off-topic, I'm posting this to get additional feedback. I'm thinking about installing the BMW Peformance Suspension Kit and springs now, but I don't want to spend the addtional cash if the ride is going to be the same.

Has anyone installed Koni yellows with or without Eibach Pro Kit springs? If so, what is your impression? My car seems to crash heavily over expansion joints on the highway and road surface irregularities. Overall grip seems to be reduced as well. I have the front struts set at full soft already and the rears at about half way, but it seems that the front is more of a problem than the rear.

I'd also like to hear any thoughts as to whether the BMW peformance suspension kit with BMW performance springs would likely be any more compliant than the Koni/Eibach setup that I'm running now.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Appreciate 0