Thread: Buying a CPO
View Single Post
      10-15-2019, 08:59 AM   #8
EdgyE36
Wisdom Searcher
Rep
Drives: E39 M5 and E46 M3

Just went through this process. My experience was dealers won't negotiate much on CPO. Unless you find the rare private party like djrabbi, you have to go dealer for CPO. You need to be patient and wait for prices to drop. Give yourself plenty of time. BMW has a CPO site where you can see what the market is like in your area.

Most CPOs will be lease trade-ins, so really low mile cars won't be all that common either. At least that's what I found in the greater Wash DC area. Around here it seems to be a seller's market for X5s. Don't be afraid of miles if service report shows car was maintained decently.

One thing to think about - runflats. Car will come with them so think about now and they probably will be summer tires. That might not matter in Charlotte.
Good suggestions already in this thread. Don't forget that CPO coverage starts on in-service date, so make sure you get that. If the car you're looking at was leased new, use the residual number to judge how good a price you're being quoted. GL and try to enjoy the process!
djrabbi728.00
chrisk03153.00