View Single Post
      08-17-2022, 08:53 PM   #1156
Bmm34
Canada
Rep
Drives: Bmw 2018 X5 35D

Cold rough idle on a 2018 x5 35d

Hello, I'm a new member to the forum. I'm on my 2nd BMW. First was a 2009 335I and now I have a 2018 x5 35d.

About two months ago I started to have some rough idle issues mostly on a cold start but sometimes even when it was warm. The RPMs would fluctuate when I first start it up. It's progressively gotten worse and in the last month it has actually stalled a few times and the rough idle is more severe when it happens. I've noticed it happens more often when I back out of my driveway vs driving out, but it doesn't do it on every cold start.

I've had the steering module replaced under warranty and was told by the BMW dealership that that could potentially rectify the issue. They didn't see any other faults when doing a diagnostics.

Unfortunately the rough idle has persisted and so I was hopeful it might be the EGR causing the issue. I had a new one on order to be replaced under warranty. The EGR was replaced today and after I got it home and it sat for a bit, I took it out and it the rough idle happened again. The dealership can not replicate the issue.

Any advice would be appreciated. If I'm leaving out pertinent information, please let me know.

62,000km

Thanks
Appreciate 0