12-14-2021, 04:42 PM   #73
Blue By You
Major
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB X5M F85

BC Forged Wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbozz View Post
en wanting to get that ugly rear caliper off the car for a while now so finally time has come!!!
I almost pulled the trigger on the Tronik's rear bbk retrofit but I was not a fan of the shape of their caliper... I ended up finding a Brembo GT caliper and retrofitted that onto the rear...
I had a custom bracket manufactured and also custom brake pad was manufactured to fit the rear GT4 caliper and also to cover the whole area of the rear rotor... I'm pretty sure Tronik's pad leaves a bit larger rust ring on the rotor... so the brake pad I designed with help of the manufacturer in California (Porterfield Brakes - made out of R4-S compound) is almost twice the size of the OEM and it covers the whole rotor like OEM without any additional rust ring and also looks like the front OEM pad- the portion that is sticking out the caliper..
The pad I designed also has the brake wear sensor slot and it's a low dust ceramic pad made out of their most aggressive sport compound...
swap is a simple and straightforward thing..
breaks work great, maintain the OEM feel since the rear 4 piston ratio to OEM size is about 101%...
I ended up spending over 3 months developing all this and seems like went through a bunch of pad designs and different brackets....
all in all this whole kit including pads without stainless steel lines ran me about $1300 so compared to $1600 plus pads from Tronik I think it was a no brainer...
If someone is interested in this PM me. I can definitely get these for you... I'm definitely all for getting rid of those ugly rear floaters!

Enjoy!
Right now I'm considering a set of wheels with these specs:

22x10.5" +32 front
22x11.5" +19 rear

I may install your BBK at some point too and I assume that these will clear your rear caliper since the OEM wheels do? But I want to double check.

If you don't know the answer, can you provide exact brake measurement templates so I can make sure?

Thanks
Appreciate 0