View Single Post
      07-19-2021, 04:28 AM   #447
f4r0kh
Czech_Republic
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 30d 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlow98 View Post
Thanks for posting. How do you find the smoothness, etc? Does it feel like something that came from the factory? Considering this but if it requires too much ‘extra’ knowledge or interaction it may be a hindrance to my wife…

Looks good tho!
I’ve tried the original carplay on a 2021 X6 and apart from not having a touchscreen this feels absolutely the same. No lags, no problem with connection. After I start my car it connects by itself in a few seconds. The first connection is almost the same as on the factory carplay, the only difference is that you have to unpair the previous bluetooth connection with the car and delete the saved BMW bluetooth item in your iPhone plus delete the saved iPhone in your car. Then switch car audio source to AUX and that’s it. Siri works much better, sound quality is better and even when you make a phone call it sounds better. I was reaaaaally nervous while having the dashboard completely dismounted and when I struggled to fit the MMi box behind the radio and at the same time get the radio back in place, but it’s absolutely worth the struggle.

P.S.: if your wife decides not to use it, you can only pair it to your phone and she can keep using the OEM iDrive system. The audio source settings are saved to your driver profile, so you can set hers to bluetooth and yours to AUX. But I bet she’ll want it too
Appreciate 1
tlow982191.00