01-17-2016, 11:35 PM   #268
wearenh
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 x5 x35i DHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baunton View Post
aman27 Remote Start - isn't that the same as Auxiliary Heating? If so they do, in true BMW style its a cost option in UK (& Europe I assume).
We don't get Aux Heating in US... From what I understand Aux heating is a separate
petrol or diesel fueled furnace that you can remotely start with your key fob or a timer, right?

Instead, many cars in the US are available with Remote start, which starts the engine
of your car with a remote (some with the same remote, some with a separate remote),
and locks the doors. If you don't insert the key within a certain time (10min?) the car
shuts off again. If you do get to the car, you have to unlock the doors to get in, and
when in, if you touch the brake before inserting the key the car will also shut off. ... so the
normal operation in cold weather would be, remote start, wait a few minutes for it to warm up,
unlock doors, enter, insert key, drive away

I was able to purchase and install this system myself on my wife's W204, as Mercedes
also doesn't offer remote start. A year ago the system cost me €399 but has increased
to €499. It works flawlessly, and was easy for me to install, so I'd gladly pay that again for
the F15 if somebody would design it... (I asked Cli*mate and they said they had no plans to)

Cli*mate system for MB

Last edited by wearenh; 01-17-2016 at 11:41 PM..
Appreciate 0