View Single Post
      02-12-2019, 09:47 AM   #35
geedup35
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 14 X5 50i - DHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by on3eighteen View Post
I just bought a 2016 BMW X5 50i (da, that's why I'm reading these threads :-) & I obsessed over options. In the end I knew I had to have 2 options: M-sport & Driver's Assistance. I can't tell you enough how amazing lane departure is for a guy who checks his phone from time to time. And the m-sport is a must. My point, though, is really check out how comfortable those ventilated seats are. My 1st test drive months ago had them, and I didn't know at the time that was even an option, but the seats were so hard on my butt. There are several posts on how there's less padding b/c air needs to move through it. But as a guy w/ a bad back, the non-ventilated to me are so much more comfortable. So, in terms of options, that was a deal-breaker. I had to ask for the "build sheet" for each car b/c that option isn't always posted on a website. For what it's worth, I put together a cool spreadsheet that you could use when comparing cars. It has columns for the most popular packages & options, and prices for them. That way you can get a good idea of value. I took a screenshot since I can't attach an .XLSX file, but PM me if you want a copy.
Spreadsheet looks pretty detailed. If you want to share the spreadsheet, you can upload to google drive and provide a link.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwx5er View Post
Please don’t, this is as bad as DUI
+1000

BTW, if I was to buy an f15 all over again, the only option that I would actually want is DHP. Its such a night and day difference.

I have a G05 xdrive40i now as a loaner and it feels like a boat. I've had this loaner since 1/31 and put about 500 miles in driving situations and cant wait until I get mine back. (I've had this loaner so long that me and my daughter have named her. I wanted name it Peppy but my daughter wasn't a fan of the name.

We've compromised to "Peppy Pig" after her favorite cartoon and how it handles.)

Appreciate 4
DuSh2113.50
CT335xi684.00