View Single Post
      02-01-2024, 12:25 PM   #5
BulsaraF36
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F36 435i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1norseman View Post
IMO, only way to get a good X-pipe is to have one custom made with 2.75" stainless steel tubing. (closest match to the BMW original exhaust size)

The stamped steel version most people use only come in 2.5" and 3.0" tubing, and are also not that free flowing from what I have seen. If you are only looking for better exhaust notes, they are fine to use. But if you are looking for performance, stay away from them.

I ended up designing and building my own out of Vibrant 2.75" 45 degree SS tubes. Since I didn't have a bandsaw it was a bit of pita to do, but result is a very free flowing X-pipe that welded right in.

Yes, I "only" have the 50i, so my X-pipe is not as much for top stage 2 performance, as it was to see if I could do it. This after buying and getting rid of a stamped X-pipe that looked like crap.
Still, I enjoy the little extra from having a much more free flowing exhaust, HP catted DP and muffler delete...

Any shop with the right tools, should have no problem making one and making it the right way. So I highly recommend going custom made...
Which HP Catted downpipe are you using?
Thanks!
2016 435i M-Sport | Carbon Black | 20" 624M Wheels | MPPK | MPE | M Performance Brakes | M Performance Steering Wheel II with Display | xHP | Dinan Stage 4 | Dinan Big Turbo | Dinan High Performance Intercooler | Dinan Intake | Dinan Shockware | Fabspeed Sport Cat Downpipe | Custom Quad Tips | Autotecknic Red Paddle Shifters
Appreciate 0