05-21-2020, 04:55 PM   #51
spazzyfry123
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Here and There

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineWhite_SJ View Post
What sort of issues? I just got one a few months ago and it’s been ok so far but curious what I should watch out for.
I got a four stroke 28(?)cc. I’ve got some brush work I’ll be doing eventually and figured I’d get the torque of a four stroke to help with some of those cuts. I’ve got some run issues with it bogging down and sometimes dying on me - especially if I ran it with, say, a string attachment then cut it off to change over to an edger. More times than not I’m fighting with it to stay running after a changeover; lots of finesse with the throttle to keep it going. Really acts like it’s running too rich or something.

Most recently I built a hanger for it to hang vertically and now find that it leaks oil. I guess I’ve only had two strokes in the past (no oil reservoir), so not sure if this is normal, but I can’t store this any other way without wasting a ton of valuable space in my garage.

Overall, I think I wouldn’t have these issues with a Ryobi two stroke. Just bummed since it’s only been a couple months, and it’s the only receipt I can’t find since we bought the house in February.
Appreciate 1