03-14-2020, 12:47 PM   #95
dmatre
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesinaz View Post
I just returned from the local Safeway I normally shop at. Arrived 8:30 AM on a Saturday. Store was busy for that time of day (but not massively so) and checkout was 3 deep instead of none deep as usual.

Most items were plentiful and many were being restocked as we shopped. There were only a few items limited or gone including:

Eggs - don't know what people are thinking. Are the hens going to stop laying?

Potatoes - erm. There were some but bulk spuds were gone. Gonna be fun if this blows over and people discover potatoes sprout in the dark.

Butter - wife said all gone. Which I don't care about since my wife has been hoarding butter since 1985.

Milk - many choices gone.

paper products - wow clean shelves. Chance for Safeway to get in there and do a clean up.

I confess, I did buy some stuff I probably wouldn't have normally. Like 10 cans of chili and soups.

Funny watching people shop with unusual thought processes. I also admit - an extra case of beer. Hey, my job to put a cooler out back for the guys playing golf to grab one every Saturday. Come up short I might be a pariah.
Same on the Right Coast:

Eggs - gone
TP - wiped out
Milk - no gallon jugs left, still 1/2 gallons available

Everything else (including Tylenol,Advil, etc) still in abundant supply.

We did stop by the liquor store after grocery shopping, and thank god they still had plenty of stock of 'disinfectant' on the shelves.

Stay safe out there.
Appreciate 2
Salty Dog3574.50
jamesinaz1660.50