View Single Post
      12-19-2015, 02:16 PM   #19
EstorilM
Cars, beer, hiking
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Six View Post
Don't *EVER* try to "fix" someone. If you get involved with someone who does something you can't deal with, accept that it's not going to work between you and walk away.

Save money for your future, but don't starve in the present to do so. Don't waste money on status. If you buy a house, buy one that you can afford easily and that makes sense for you. Why have 3 empty bedrooms or a huge living room you never spend time in?

Think before you speak, especially when you're angry. This goes double for emails and texting. Facebook and Twitter are the biggest threats to your career. Never forget that.

Travel. Often. And not to the same place all the time. See the world and you'll understand it a lot better.
The saving for the future, yet not staving thing is a balancing act I am trying to figure out still. Want to have fun, but also want to be smart about it.

The last two are great advice. I am trying to go on a 2 week vacation every year. Did Europe this year, going again next year. Traveling is a huge deal to my fiance as well, so it makes it easy to talk her into it
Appreciate 0