Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 50i M Sport, M3(sold)

Garage List
2014 X5 50i  [7.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by volc View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfochon View Post
Can you elaborate how did you do so folks can benefit ?
You need to buy:
1. Steering wheel with support for ACC+TJA or eventually only buttons and wheel module for only ACC
2. ICM version high, so V5.7
3. ACC sensor either with plug or you can buy plug separately
4. ABS/DSC pump with ACC support - DSC Premium ACC

You need to:
1. Install all parts, for ICM you will need to take out whole central console under armrest
2. Do a small wiring for ACC sensor
3. Bleed brakes after replacing ABS/DSC pump
4. Program car and ABS/DSC pump using Esys
5*. I also had to reinitialize ICM and measure wheel/arch heights, but I have M air suspension. I am not sure if it is needed for every car.

Great thing that with ACC car warns you and eventually brakes in case of sensing a dangerous situation. It does that far better than with only Kafas camera.

Active Cruise Control itself I am not using too often. TJA I am not using at all But it is just my usage scenario. It simply makes no sense on my roads. In your location you may use that more that I do.

PS: while replacing steering wheel I have also added steering wheel heating. This is actually really pleasant add on
Hey that's really cool that you were able to retrofit. If you have a minute could you share on this thread for the folks who are interested?

Hello & ACC Retrofit question https://f15.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1620932
Appreciate 0