View Single Post
      03-10-2016, 12:32 AM   #310
Neuera09
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5 Xline with MPPK

Quote:
Originally Posted by pragueX5 View Post
driver side window high oitch wind leake noise at higher highway speeds, should not be there. its like whistle........ noticed quiet a few popel have this without a cure, must be design flaw. ideas? nite its a brand new car, checked all the sealing and rubbers, seems all fine and aligned
I had the same issue with my 2015 Chevy Impala (work car). I told the dealer it was coming somewhere in the driver side window area. They checked the seal and everything checked out alright. Brought the car 3-5 times but they cannot find the source of this high pitch whistle. For 5 months I learned to drive the car under 70mph cuz at 71mph the whistle starts going. It was hell!

Then by sheer luck, after getting a car wash, I noticed a piece of plastic bristle stuck under the roof antennae. Upon unscrewing the radio antenae, I noticed that the rubber seal was improperly installed and was not covering the entire hole in the roof. I was more worried about water getting in (thank goodness for the California drought). Two weeks go by and my coworker tells me about his Impala whistling at 55mph. Sure enough it was the same antennae rubber seal. Long story short, I adjusted the seal and the whistling disappeared.

It's a long shot but you might want to check if that's the cause in your car. I would use a blue painters tape and carefully cover the area between the roof and the antennae and take the car for a spin. Let us know what you find out.
Appreciate 0