View Single Post
      03-22-2016, 05:02 PM   #315
Alex S.
Enlisted Member
Austria
Rep
Drives: X5, F15

I picked up my F15 , 30d this January. No issues so far, but... the BMW lablel on the hood was stolen with some unreparable paint damage (a screw driver or a knife was used). As a result, BMW repainted the hood. As a result, no 100% match of the paint (mineral white), the hood was badly misaligned, and BMW emblem was attached badly (notfirmly affixed - shaking, etc.). Came to the dealer and in one hour all was done as needed. Though the newly painted hood has five thousand swirls as they decided to wash the car in the bmw carwash machine before handing it over to me.

So far, the vehicle is performing great. Best fuel consumption in different modes:
EcoPro - 6.2 L per 100 km at 120 km/hr., -8.2 L /100 km at 150 km/hr.
Comfort - 11.5-13.0 L /100 km in city
Sport - 9.5 L/100 km in city (up to 80 km/hr with cruise control on the beltway, etc.).

I'll post my specs and general impressions on main options in a separate message. And now I wouldlike to check if polishing a freshly painted hood is a good idea to get rid of swirls (1 month now since it was repainted) or the paint should gas out for a longer period?

Last edited by Alex S.; 03-22-2016 at 05:19 PM..
Appreciate 0