07-18-2018, 09:46 PM   #7
TOPEC
<3 Flat Four
Canada
Rep
Drives: 335is LM Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabrio330 View Post
Any advice is greatly appreciated! I have a 2015 X5 xDrive35i with M Sport Package (337) and Adaptiv M Suspension (2VF), with 56,xxx miles. I purchased this car one year ago with 42,xxx miles.

Often times when driving over the lousy bumpy roads here in Dallas, TX, the car seems to shimmy from side to side horizontally, especially (only?) at the rear. The sensation stands out because I expect up/down movement throughout the entire car, not the side to side movement. It is almost as if the rear of the car is being pushed side to side while the front stays planted.

Does this sound like a suspension issue, or maybe a wheel alignment problem? I am woefully ignorant on these matters.

I will be taking this car in for a check before a long upcoming road trip, I would like to be able to point the mechanic to the potential causes of this issue, rather than merely trusting them 100%.

Hope this makes sense, thanks for any tips or help!
EXACT same issue i've experienced since brand new, the rear end seems to shift horizontally when one would expect vertical movement going over bumps in a straight line... ive also experienced this very similar issue in multiple other cars, mainly european brands, and specifically running a wide staggered rear tire. i've chalked it up as the staggered wheel set up causing this issue. my 335 with oem 225/255 tires did this, a SLK i rode in with 235/275 did this, and it was the worst one i felt.