E30toF30
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 528i Executive Edition

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffwels View Post
I ordered the harness and control module from getbmwparts.com (had coupon code)

Control module: https://www.getbmwparts.com/oem-part...ch-71606889589
Wire Harness: https://www.getbmwparts.com/oem-part...ng-82712349500

I will order the socket and bracket mentioned!

Thanks for the wire routing/directions as well

Sorry to bring up an old post guys, but i've been thinking about the invisihitch for the last couple years and finally am coming around to picking one up. After some research, sounds like invisihitch is no longer on the market and Stealth Hitches is where we need to go.

That said, im looking at spec'ing out the package and see the extra active harness for $460!

Is this additional $460 essentially just the for the control module AND the wiring harness linked in the post above that I've quoted? At $300 from getbmwparts.com, i'd be more inclined to grab these two items instead of getting the active harness from Stealth Hitches. And then it looks like from Ferrarifi's post, I should also get "Pollak 11893 Socket and 12-711U Bracket " as well.

Other than these 4 items (controller, wire harness, socket and bracket) are there any other items that are included in the Active harness package from Stealth Hitches that Im missing that I should also buy?

Any feedback would be great as I'm hoping to put an order in shortly.
Thanks guys!

EDIT: Just realized that I do not need to buy the control unint and the rear transport trailer wiring harness from getbmwparts.com if I am aready getting the "stealth harness" from Stealth Hitch. That in mind I take it I don't need to buy the socket and bracket either? Or would these be recommended even if i get the stealth harness from stealth hitch?

Last edited by E30toF30; 08-23-2019 at 04:38 PM..
Appreciate 0