View Single Post
      04-28-2020, 06:23 AM   #135
FastDriver
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophisticated Redneck View Post
I remember those days, for me it was in the mid 90's, trying to crack the 11's with a 77 BMW 320i I shoehorned my Fathers old Chevy 350 from his work truck into (Became very good with a plasma cutter and mig welder during that project).

Back then the stock 5.0's and Camaros were in the 14's, getting into the 12's and 11's took exactly what you said, heads, cams, intakes, scraping and clawing even tenth away. And if you were in the 10's on a streetable car, well people noticed and you were pretty much a hero of your racing circle.

Kids these days...don't know how good they have it when everything runs 11's & 12's stock....and don't even get me started on Tesla's
It's enjoyable thinking back on all of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT335xi View Post
What car do you have that your looking to crack into the 8’s ? Is it a street car? Those times are usually full out track/drag car with a chute sometimes depending on the track and how good your brakes are. Interested in hearing.
The Blue one made 954 rwhp at the tire (around 1,100 at the crank). The black one made only 880 rwhp so far, but actually should go over 1k at the tire, because it has a hotter turbo than the blue one. Both are 302 based small-block fords with dart blocks. Blue is a 363, black is a 331. Basics: both have AFR205 heads, and a mild streetable custom cam with sub 230 lift on intake. Both have a 76mm turbo. Blue car has a handling suspension (Maximum Motorsports) and will never run the number. Black car has a Team Z drag suspension with connectable wheelie bars & a chute. It's licensed and registered on the street, has power steering, A/C, & a cage with removable bars. I call it a street car, but I recognize that everyone wouldn't.

Both have T56 manual transmissions, and that's what makes trying to break into the 8s fun.

This was at a car gathering at a parking lot in Seaside Cali, late at night. A friend drove one, while I brought the other.
Attached Images

Last edited by FastDriver; 04-28-2020 at 08:44 AM..
Appreciate 1
CT335xi684.00