08-16-2014, 09:31 PM   #55
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorchio View Post
I wished tony 20009 , both myself and my wife work hard for what we have. I have came from not having two pennies to rub together to where we are the now, and just lucky that its even a choice.
Silver spoon we defo are not, ex car mechanic here who has now been working offshore for the last four years.
Never meant you hadn't worked hard to get to be "well off." In fact, my comment wasn't even "angling" toward how you (or anyone, really) came to afford a nice watch like a Pam. However it happened, hard work or by birth, it is what it is. That doesn't make the "dilemma" you described be something other than a well off person's kind of "problem."

Believe me, the only "problems" I ever have are in the same vein. Just this Spring, my kids were fully dismayed and put out because the vacation house they wanted us to rent - outside the U.S., no less -- was already booked for the time we wanted it. In my mind, that's exactly the same sort of issue as "what fancy watch goes best with such and such an occasion/outfit?"

All the best.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
Appreciate 0