View Single Post
      09-06-2017, 04:48 AM   #58
iconoclast
Self-Deprecating Narcissist
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Audi BMW Ferrari LR MB

this is basically what mariani does... they modify stock exhaust cans and send them back to you or charge you for a new exhaust which they purchase and modify then sell/ship to you. for their asking price i think it's a bit ridiculous considering you're getting something you can do in your driveway yourself if you wanted to ghetto-rig your vehicle.

the M50D shares the same exhaust tips, the layout of the piping and mounting points. explore options from that vehicle or if you really want an exhaust buy one for an X5M and change the rear bumper with it (the layout of the piping is the same but the exit point and tips are different). other than that there aren't many options outside of hamann, ac schnitzer or supersprint which is probably why they charge what they do for their exhausts. between the work involved fabricating these pieces and the amount of people that will actually pay to buy them it really isn't worth it on the 50i platform which probably why no smaller "tuner" took it on. (IMO)

@vvcobravv; i hope everything is alright with your family and nothing serious occurred. if and when you return to BP please update everyone on here on the end result and status on the system you were working on or post the shop's contact information and perhaps members on here may contact them directly to work out a purchase since you already had one fabricated and that could be the template for everyone else. in any event hope to hear from you soon.
Appreciate 0