View Single Post
      07-12-2016, 11:41 AM   #10
wtF85
United_States
Rep
Drives: Really fast...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terp335 View Post
That is pretty sweet. Hopefully nobody steals your car (valet) and decides to drive to your house while they know your away. I honestly didn't know you could do half that stuff.
Valid point. I have since switched the unlocking of the doors/deadbolt away from BMW trigger and the deadbolt now automatically detects my presence via bluetooth on my smartphone to use an encrypted key handshake before unbolting/unlocking the door. This enables me to give out unique digital keys (install of smartphone app required) to people that need temporary or permanent access to our home (kids/friends/neighbors) but also gives me the ability to revoke their unique digital key access at any time.

Even in this unlikely scenario to rob my house, a thief would have to steal my car AND my smartphone, and most importantly, finish the robbery BEFORE I notice my BMW and smartphone are missing. I am rarely separated from either for long, and I am panicked when I momentarily misplace either one, even for a second. Should this unlikely scenario occur, I would then use another BMW service, BMW Assist, to locate my stolen vehicle and have the police meet them ahead of time at my house (or whatever their destination).

I also have the security system send me a text message each time the security system is armed and disarmed, as an additional fail-safe to confirm the security system status.
Appreciate 0