View Single Post
      12-24-2019, 07:57 PM   #57
~ViO~
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 X6M, 2015 X6 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyde View Post
I am not getting any washer fluid from the rear, not to mention I get Low Washer Fluid error on dash. I drained the previous washer fluid that was in there, and filled it up with a gallon of new stuff, but while it is spraying and cleaning fine on windshield, I am getting nothing on rear window.

Thread title edited, the reason it's not spraying in the back is because of Low Washer warning, despite having near full tank of fluid.

*I had the exact same issue and a BMW service tech suggested I try the following;

(1) Spray out all of the old washer fluid (over and over) until the washer fluid reservoir is completely empty.

(2) Now fill up the washer fluid reservoir with "Prestone Bug Wash" (use only the Prestone brand).

(3) Now drive your vehicle for about ten minutes or until the washer fluid warning goes out. That's it.

(4) You can continue using the Prestone Bug Wash or switch back to the BMW authorized washer fluid.

The Prestone Bug Wash will clean off the residue film that is left on the sensors by using unauthorized washer fluids.. In my case it was within five minutes of driving and my washer fluid sensors were completley cleaned and the warning went away.. Again, make sure to only use the Prestone brand of Bug Wash.

Last edited by ~ViO~; 02-03-2020 at 11:01 AM..
Appreciate 0