06-21-2018, 08:50 PM   #32
IllSic_Design
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by noxredna View Post
I am also not sure that M8 is exactly the most suitable package to build a race car around - would M8/8-series buyer appreciate that their car goes racing? Would the typical Bentley Continental GT buyer care that that their cars go racing? Or Mercedes S-Coupe owner? Same question i've always had why they used M6 in the GT3 class - to me, that was a disaster. They never sold enough M6 GT3s to break even, and they performed "relatively" bad among other GT sports cars.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BASELINE View Post
BMW needs to stop bringing knives to a gun fight. They try to prove some point by trying to compete with the bloated ass pigs (M6 and M8). Build something purposeful and homologate. It's how you started in the in the first place! Instead you're building heavy, Big, and numb street cars you're trying to polish into a race car... didn't work that well for the M6 (the excuse was always "needs more development") now you're running a bigger car. What's next? 7 series race car? 🙄
You two need to do some more research on the M8GTE. Go back and read post #11 if you need some clarification. This car is NOT the same as the regular 8 series, they built the 8 off the race car, not the race car off the 8.
Appreciate 0