United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007.5 E90 335xi Montego/Lemon

Garage List
2007 E90 335xi  [0.00]
1991 325iX  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrEvil View Post
How do you rate the Huber Optik versus their standard tint film. Is IT causing the problem?
Ah, sorry, forgot to indicate that I have Huper Optik 30 on all the windows. I'm not sure what their regular tint is, and I unfortunately do not have any experience with it. I realize that the HO is supposed to be much thicker than other tints, but it's pretty bad right now. I can actually feel all the scores with my fingernail, and there are probably a good 30 or 40.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E92_SID View Post
Wow.....I had mine done there and I no major problem or damage. What do you mean scored?
If I get a camera and the correct lighting, I'll try to post a pic so you can see what I'm talking about. There are just a bunch of vertical cuts into the tint from where junk and dirt is apparently catching in the inner weatherstrip seal and cutting into the tint every time the window is opened and closed.

This is apparently a known problem with the later E90s, as BMW made the stupid decision to use the non-felted strips on all the windows. (The earlier E90s had felted inner strips in the front doors, but not in the back.) Unfortunately, I didn't find out about any of this until after I got the tint and starting looking into the issue.

For a while, I was just trying to live with it, but it's getting progressively worse, so I'm going to have to get it corrected sooner or later. I may have to call up Matt again and see if we can work something out. I mean, I did pay close to $1100 for the tint and clear bra....

Appreciate 0